We have had our first snow here at the Saint Kateri Rosary Walk and we are making plans for the pilgrimage which will take place on December 10, 2022.
We are expecting a good turnout and praying for good weather. Looking forward to seeing you as you join us along the pilgrimage to honor Our Lady of Guadalupe and Saint Kateri Tekakwitha.
Please keep all in your prayers, especially the safety of the pilgrimage participants.
Deacon Ed and Anne Schaub
Pilgrimage Itinerary December 10, 2022
In Honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe and Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
Zuni, New Mexico to Saint Kateri Rosary Walk
- 6:45 am: Meet at the St. Kateri Rosary Walk parking lot, 167 Hwy 602, Gallup, NM. Some parking available at Sacred Heart Retreat Center.
- 7:10 am: St. Kateri Rosary Walk bus and vehicles will leave the SKRW parking lot and travel to Zuni, NM.
- 7:50 am: Arrive St. Anthony Catholic Church, Zuni, NM, and unload.
- 8:00 am: Attend mass at St. Anthony Catholic Church.
- 8:30 am: Burrito breakfast for those interested in St. Anthony parish hall.
- 9:00-9:30 am: Begin walking from St. Anthony Catholic Church, escorted by Zuni Law enforcement.
We will not walk the whole way; we will drive some of the way to complete the distance in one day.
- 3:00-4:00 pm: Approximate finish time will be between pm back at the Saint Kateri Rosary Walk parking lot.
Bring your Rosary! As we walk, we will pray the rosary and sing some Marian songs.
The St. Kateri Bus will be available for pilgrims who need to warm up or rest from walking. There will also be cars following the pilgrims when a rest or ride is needed.
Snacks and beverages will be provided. Bring a sack lunch if you would like.
There will be port-a-johns located along the roadway for use by the pilgrims.
Last year it was very cold when we started walking. As the day warmed up the pilgrimage was a blessing for all participants. We hope you will consider joining us this year in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Kateri Tekakwitha.